INTRODUCTION by Thomas F. Rogers, Playwright, former Professor of The Russian and Slavic Languages Department at Brigham Young University
- Letter From A Prophet • the story of a mother and a son, as they re-connect with their faith, until tragedy happens again • (co-authored with Charles Metten) Produced at BYU, Fall 1978.
- Prayers From Winter Quarters • 5 short scenes about the faith in a mother’s prayer • (A Short Play)
- Accommodations • In a place where love and brutality must co-exist, what compromises are acceptable •
Produced at BYU in 1993, Published in Sunstone Magazine in 1994, Association for Mormon Letters Best Drama Award 1994
- The Seating of Senator Smoot • is a dynamic play about personal integrity, religious hypocrisy and religious and political freedom • Premiered at BYU 1996, Videotaped and broadcast on KBYU TV
- Without Romance • Set on a mission in Norway, we find that the concepts and conflicts that sometimes divide us, really should unite us through tolerance and understanding • Premiered at BYU 1997;
- Gadianton • What makes our acts moral? Is any practice “just business”? Or is every decision is personal• Premiered at BYU 1997; Published in Sunstone Magazine; Winner: Association for Mormon Letters Best Drama Award, 1997; Anthologized in Saints On Stage by Mahonri Stewart, Zarahemla Press, 2013 Also had a production at Plan-B Theatre Company, 2012
Eric Samuelsen’s playwrighting career has spanned 40 years and produced a body of work almost unparalleled in modern theatre. More than 80 plays, short plays, including a musical or two, and an opera libretto.
He has been produced across the nation. His work remains in your heart and mind long after the lights go down or the book closes.
Eric’s body of work is deserving of attention. He had a knack, an insight, a talent for capturing the essence of a character in dialog. His plays are compelling, thought-provoking. After you have participated in an Eric Samuelsen play, you know that you have been touched, changed, enlivened, taught, entertained — that you, somehow, will no longer be the incomplete person you were, but are moving steadily through further exposure, towards becoming that whole and more complete person that somehow you were intended to be.
This is accomplished whether you have laughed heartily, or cried drippingly, or have had your heart enlarged, like the grinch you didn’t know you were.
- ISBN: 979-8591922238
- Interior & paper type: Black & white interior with cream paper
- Paperback cover finish: Glossy
- Trim Size: 8.5 X 11 in
- Page Count: 292
- Order # 5020
- List Price: $17.95
- AVAILABLE BY JAN 31, 2021
Available for Pre-Orders — Shipping on or before February 15, 2021
- NO KINDLE Version
- PRINT BOOK Reading/Perusal Price $15.95 • Order # 5020
- NO KINDLE Version