And the curriculum/program that created them!
Volume 9 of the Theatre for Young Audiences SERIES
Edited by J. D. Newman
“Theatre groups and educational institutions looking for a viable method to create a program that brings to the stage custom-tailored, age-appropriate scripts for the 10 to18-year-old budding performer will find a treasure-trove of curricular information and tried-and-true scripts in this one volume!”
Noorda Theatre Youth Plays offers teachers and directors a model program to enable the presentation of ensemble-based plays for youth wanting to pursue acting or just test the waters … and themselves.
It articulates how the plays were inspired and shaped by the original youth casts and scripted by professional playwrights. The book offers insights into how plays can be custom tailored to meet the educational and performance needs of teen and pre-teen actors. It then provides FIVE plays for possible presentation.
- GATHERING GRIMM by J. D. Newman
- THE HORNSWOGGLE JIG by Wendy Gourley
- THE TROJAN CHILDREN by Mahonri Stewart
- TIME MIRRORS by Drew Chappell
- SUPERPOWERS by J. D. Newman
- 8.5 x 11
- 286 pages
- ISBN: 979-8588681926
- Order #5019
- LIST PRICE: $14.95
- DRAMA COLLECTION • THEATRE FOR YOUNG AUDIENCES
- Non-Fiction / Drama / Collections
- Juvenile Non-Fiction / Drama
This book is NOW available!
Order # 5019 • $14.00