INTRODUCTION by Eric Eliason, Professor of English at Brigham Young University
- The Way We’re Wired •is very much a journey of discovery. It concerns itself with the power and efficacy of change • Premiered at BYU 1999; Winner: Association for Mormon Letters Best Drama Award, 1999; Adapted into a Novel, “Singled Out” published by Cornerstone in 2000.
- Family • real life becomes a bad weekend for the well-educated, intellectual, gospel-grounded, well-to-do Hull family • Produced at BYU, 2005; Winner: AML Drama Award, 2005; Published in Sunstone Magazine, 2005;
- The Plan • women and men examining agency and adversity, choices and the consequences of choices, pain and difficulty and joy • Premiered at The Covey Center for the Arts, Provo, Utah 2011; Published in Sunstone Magazine, 2009
- Mess of Pottage Marriage and Other Eternal Constructs • a vital lesson on loving with all your heart, because then, maybe, your heart will change a little, too • 2012
- Impressions On Plates of Gold • examples of Faith — it is not perfect, not without momentary doubt — but it is perfecting and able to empower each Human soul, impelling them towards their God and Creator • a Book of Mormon Musical Experience — 1997, 2020
Eric Samuelsen’s playwrighting career has spanned 40 years and produced a body of work almost unparalleled in modern theatre. More than 80 plays, short plays, including a musical or two, and an opera libretto.
He has been produced across the nation. His work remains in your heart and mind long after the lights go down or the book closes.
Eric’s body of work is deserving of attention. He had a knack, an insight, a talent for capturing the essence of a character in dialog. His plays are compelling, thought-provoking. After you have participated in an Eric Samuelsen play, you know that you have been touched, changed, enlivened, taught, entertained — that you, somehow, will no longer be the incomplete person you were, but are moving steadily through further exposure, towards becoming that whole and more complete person that somehow you were intended to be.
This is accomplished whether you have laughed heartily, or cried drippingly, or have had your heart enlarged, like the grinch you didn’t know you were.
- ISBN: 979-8591931957
- Interior & paper type: Black & white interior with cream paper
- Paperback cover finish: Glossy
- Trim Size: 8.5 X 11 in
- Page Count: 246
- Order # 5021
- List Price: $17.95
- AVAILABLE BY JAN 31, 2021
Available for Pre-Orders — Shipping on or before February 15, 2021
- NO KINDLE Version
- PRINT BOOK Reading/Perusal Price $15.95 • Order # 5021
- NO KINDLE Version