Tales from Maine’s National Wild and Scenic River
If your grandfather could give you anything—
What would it be?
23 year old Jim Clark is about to find out!
During his third year of college a young man is forced to abandon school and leave his classmate and friend Susan behind. Jim returns to the family farm only to face one hardship after another.
Broke and with debt mounting; Jim’s world falls apart. Then one day, while cleaning out the attic of his now empty colonial home, Jim discovers an envelope–yellowed with age.
The letter is from a grandfather he’s never met and it instructs Jim to go to Allagash Lake and retrieve an heirloom “for the sake of the family!” Follow along as Jim treks deep into the Maine wilderness to recover a grandfather’s keepsake and stumbles onto A mystical path to the past.
Just remember one thing — Peace is not all you find in the woods of Northern Maine!
The ALLAGASH TAILS COLLECTION series of books have been favorites in Maine for a very long time. But they have never before been offered on KINDLE. This mix of history and true-storytelling will charm you and convert you to the wonders of the Northern Maine Woods — a place of intrigue, mystery, wonder and history.
PRODUCT DETAILS: (Buy from the Purchasing Section, below)
- Pages: 270
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1495142337
- ISBN-13: 978-1495142338
- Package Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces
- BISAC: ??
- Print List Price: $24.95
- File Size: 6118 KB
- Print Length: 194 pages
- Publisher: Leicester Bay Books/; 1 edition (September 20, 2017)
- Publication Date: September 20, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Screen Reader: supported
- Enhanced Typesetting: enabled
- ASIN: B075SVGRRS
- Kindle List Price: $6.99
- Narrated by: Jack Musiol
- Length: 5 hrs and 24 mins
- Categories: Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
PREVIEW THE FIRST CHAPTER
- a PDF PreviewPages file is available and contains the front matter, the Prologue, and Chapter One: SolaceKINDLEPREVIEW
- The author has established a FACEBOOK fan page — HERE
REVIEWS & COMMENTS
4.0 out of 5 stars…
By Amazon Customer on May 30, 2016
“An entertaining story set in the deep woods of far northern Maine – At Allagash Lake – which in reality really is beautiful, pristine and preserved by the State of Maine. Thank you people of Maine – one of the best things you ever did!”
- Purchase a PAPERBACK PRINT version for $19.95 (+ shipping and handling and Maine Sales Tax) through us by using our PayPal Shopping Cart and the “Add To Cart” button below. (Be sure to enter your zip code when prompted to enable the correct shipping charges so you get your book(s) in a timely manner.)
- Purchase the KINDLE version for $6.99 directly from Amazon.com (HERE)
- Purchase the AUDIBLE edition from Audible HERE
Here is a direct link to the AUDIBLE version of SOLACE: HERE
MORE BOOKS FROM THE ALLAGASH TAILS COLLECTION
Libraries, Bookstores and Resellers
- There is a long list of Maine outlets selling the PRINT version of this book. Bookstores and Outfitter/Sporting Goods stores across the state carry it.
- Please contact us for wholesale pricing.
Contact us by email for a quote on Library and wholesale prices. We will then send you a PayPal invoice. Do not order from this page.
From the catalog of